"GUGLIELMO MARCONI" Voyage around the World in 1973



In the early seventies with the decline in passenger numbers travelling on regular liner voyages, LLOYD TRIESTINO promoted their Australian regular services with the sister ships "GALILEO GALILEI" and "GUGLIELMO MARCONI" with return trips home via the Panama Canal and the Caribbean in order to try and attract more passengers, in 1973 they went a step further with the decision of sending both ships on around the world voyages, MARCONI did a couple of trips and the GALILEO just one. On my new blog about MARCONI, I am going to relive one of those trips with daily posts following the ships progress day by day back in 1973, the ship departs on the 25th of August from Genoa, in order to follow this epic sea adventure, please visit http://vmf-guglielmomarconi.blogspot.com. Photos above, GALILEO GALILEO cruising the Panama Canal, GUGLIELMO MARCONI ready to cross the canal and the ship at sea.

Comments

  1. 1973 I was on that ship arriving Europe in August 1973. I was 2 years old, and we (my brother, my father and my mother) startet the trip in Melbourne and finished in Lisbon. I have no memorys and only a few pictures from the Panama canal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CRISTOFORO COLOMBO, one of the nicest ships ever built

SS "LEONARDO DA VINCI" a remarkable liner with a short career

Remembering the "SUNDREAM"