The beautiful Italian Liner "CONTE DI SAVOIA" of 1932
S.S. "CONTE DI SAVOIA" was built in Italy in 1932 by CANTIERI RIUNITI DELL'ADRIATICO at Trieste, famous for building some of the most beautiful Italian Ocean Liners. "CONTE DI SAVOIA" was completed in 1932 and left on her maiden voyage to New York in November of that year, photo above, she was 48.500 G.T and had a very impressive top speed of 27.3 knots. This beautiful ship was the first one to have gyroscopic stabilizers fitted to try and reduce the rolling during Transatlantic Crossings on the North Atlantic, she had capacity for 2.200 passengers. "CONTE DI SAVOIA" was lost during WWII in September of 1943.