cruise ships at Civitavecchia

Civitavecchia is the Port for Rome, I have been there in 1995 for the first time cruising on CAROUSEL, about two weeks ago I was back there on board Cruise Ferry "CRUISE ROMA", this has got to be one of the most difficult ports for ships enthusiasts to take their much loved photos of the ships calling this port. It was a challenge for me to take a few shots of "COSTA SERENA" and the new PRINCESS CRUISES flagship, "ROYAL PRINCESS", the port it's like a secluded fortress, not possible to get any advantage points to photograph our ships, I was persistent and asked permission to get inside the Ferry Terminal, which was allowed, on my way out after a few photos of a couple of cruise ferries I could get close to the cruise ships mentioned above and one gate, the customs gate which is generally closed was this time open, opportunity knocked and I made the most of it, for a very brief period of time though, an officer soon reminded me, in a very polite way, that the area was restricted to the public, so immediately obliged but with an happy soul, as a result the photos are here for us all to see, not the best, but the ones that were possible. Photos 15.4.2013



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CRISTOFORO COLOMBO, one of the nicest ships ever built

SS "LEONARDO DA VINCI" a remarkable liner with a short career

Remembering the "SUNDREAM"