very fond memories of SS "CHUSAN"


The beautiful P & O liner SS "CHUSAN" was built in 1950, another product of VICKERS ARMSTRONGS in Furness, she was named after a Chinese Island and was said to have brought new standards of luxury to the India and the Far East route, CHUSAN was 24.200 GRT and had a top speed of 23.5 knots. I have very fond memories of this vessel when in 1972, still just a very young boy I assisted this amazing liner docking in Lisbon on board my uncle´s tug where he was the master, this is how I used to spend my summer holidays. CHUSAN  was withdrawn from service in 1973 and scrapped in Taiwan. Postcards in this post sent by Antonio Silva

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CRISTOFORO COLOMBO, one of the nicest ships ever built

SS "LEONARDO DA VINCI" a remarkable liner with a short career

Remembering the "SUNDREAM"