Sunday, September 18, 2011

classic cruise ship "PRINCESS DANAE"





The M.S. "PRINCESS DANAE" was built by HARLAND & WOLFF in 1955 for PORT LINE which was a subsidiary company of CUNARD, she was known as the "PORT MELBOURNE" and together with her sister ship, the "PORT SIDNEY" was operated on the UK to AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND route, they were mainly freighters but some passengers were also transported, both vessels were in service until 1971. The ship was sold to Greece in 1972 and started a long process of convertion to full time passenger cruise ship, this rebuilding lasted until 1976. She has been sailing for CLASSIC INTERNATIONAL CRUISES since 1994. Photos included shows this beautiful ship in Lisbon, spring of 2008 starting another cruise with portuguese passengers

No comments:

Post a Comment